Home | Gallery | Forum | Ads YESTERDAYSTRUCK.COM 
The Classic Truck Resource Page
Vintage Truck Headquarters

Featured Photo

Classified Ads
Photo Ads

Discussion Forum
Forum Archives

Misc Truck Photos
Ford Truck Photos
Picture List

Research & Info
Model Profiles
Ford F-Series
Truck Links

Contact Us

Related Sites
Antique Tractors
Kountry Life
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Discussion Forum

'67 Ranger horn trim ring and signal cancelling th

Welcome [Log out]
Al L. in Wisc.

09-10-2006 14:19:11

Report to Moderator

My F100 is missing something in the steering column for the horn to sound and also for the turn signals to cancel. Could someone tell me what I need - a 'horn trim ring'??? Found on ebay, but don't know if it is what I need. Thanks in advance.

[Reply]   [No Email]

09-10-2006 22:00:57

Report to Moderator
 Re: '67 Ranger horn trim ring and signal cancellin in reply to Al L. in Wisc., 09-10-2006 14:19:11  
"Trim Ring" is usually the decorative cap/cover on the steering wheel.Sound like you need parts for,or a replacement of the turn signal switch,located beneath the wheel IN the steering column.This contains the cams that cancel the signals.
As to the horn,If you can remove the center cap from the wheel,you should find a wire or spring loaded contact on the wheel hub.Touching/shorting the wire/contact to the steering wheel nut/shaft should cause the horn to blow.Generally the cap makes this contact when pressed.If a padded wheel center there will be a pressure switch built into the pad instead.Either way there should be power at the wire/contact in the hub and shorting to ground should make horn sound.Please post back w/results.

[Reply]  [No Email]
[Options]  [Printer Friendly]  [Posting Help]  [Return to Forum]   [Add a Reply]

Hop to:


Copyright © 2002-2013 YesterdaysTruck.com
Antique Truck Headquarters