Home | Gallery | Forum | Ads YESTERDAYSTRUCK.COM 
The Classic Truck Resource Page
Vintage Truck Headquarters

Featured Photo

Classified Ads
Photo Ads

Discussion Forum
Forum Archives

Misc Truck Photos
Ford Truck Photos
Picture List

Research & Info
Model Profiles
Ford F-Series
Truck Links

Contact Us

Related Sites
Antique Tractors
Kountry Life
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Truck Discussion Board

Re: '67 Ranger horn trim ring and signal cancellin

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by JoeK(WI) on September 10, 2006 at 22:00:57 from (

In Reply to: '67 Ranger horn trim ring and signal cancelling th posted by Al L. in Wisc. on September 10, 2006 at 14:19:11:

"Trim Ring" is usually the decorative cap/cover on the steering wheel.Sound like you need parts for,or a replacement of the turn signal switch,located beneath the wheel IN the steering column.This contains the cams that cancel the signals.
As to the horn,If you can remove the center cap from the wheel,you should find a wire or spring loaded contact on the wheel hub.Touching/shorting the wire/contact to the steering wheel nut/shaft should cause the horn to blow.Generally the cap makes this contact when pressed.If a padded wheel center there will be a pressure switch built into the pad instead.Either way there should be power at the wire/contact in the hub and shorting to ground should make horn sound.Please post back w/results.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup


Subject: Re: Re: '67 Ranger horn trim ring and signal cancellin


Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.


Copyright © 2002-2020 YesterdaysTruck.com
Antique Truck Headquarters